Wednesday, May 23, 2007

You are getting veeery sleepy. No? Oh, well, maybe it's just me

Not since the third grade have I gone to bed with such enthusiasm so early.

"It's 9! It's OK to put on my pajamas! Yes! Then I can go to bed! Maybe I'll be asleep by 10! This is incredible!"

Yes, I often think to myself in exclamatory phrases. I do!

But sometime within the last two weeks, I've been waking up every morning at 6:45, and I'm just done sleeping. Like, "Oh, that's it. I'm done. Whew! Glad that's over."

I'm like my grandpa. "Sun's up! Let's go mow." (Only I do not mow. That was part of the prenup I should've made him sign. "No mowing. No watching wrestling on TV. Must get me soft pretzels and cheese when I ask.")

And I could stop this weird, funky cycle if only I could keep my eyes open past 10 p.m.

It's not as if I were having problems sleeping. It's more the dreams. In one, I dreamt it was suddenly Country USA time and everyone was asking me "What should we do? Didn't you think about this?" and I was scrambling going "No! No! It's not time! You guys are wrong!" In another, I was at the prom. And nothing happened. I was just there. You know, promming. Or I relive boring moments of my life, like a math class I had in 2001. Seriously.

I can't even have cool dreams filled with hot actors or crazy scenarios. Just weird ones that make me want to get up. But here I go, getting ready to go to bed, and it's not even dark outside.

Yes. This is my life. Exactly as boring as I'll be dreaming it in five years. Sigh.

No comments: