Tuesday, May 29, 2007

"Take a look, it's in a book ..."

When I was in high school, I briefly dated a guy who thought that road signs, billboards and other signs were considered "reading material." We didn't last long.

Dave, on the other hand, likes to read; it's one of the traits I like about him. I can say it's purely for unselfish reasons, like "he's more well-rounded" and "it makes him more interesting to talk to." And those things are nice.

But it's also nice that we can go to the oft-mentioned (and I feel badly about that) used book sale, spend $10 on books we've wanted to read or have just discovered - and, hey, it's $1! Let's get it! - and not feel guilty about it. Thank God Dave is more of a compulsive shopper than I am. I think this is about the only situation where I'll be able to say that and mean it.

No comments: