Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Not dead!

It's been a week and a half, right, and I've not killed these plants. Yet. And I won't! Some of them even have new blooms.

I thought that was noteworthy enough to post.

And the thought has crossed my mind that now I'm no better off than my dad, who used to walk around taking video and photos of the landscaping.

Sigh.

But really, that whole area you see (and the other 3/4 of the space that you don't see) used to be filled with nothing but big rocks and sandy dirt. Really. Then I moved some rocks. Dave moved bigger rocks. And now you have that one "decoratively placed" rock that's covering up a larger rock that I couldn't budge. Improv gardening. Fab.

And don't judge us by the mud. We're not done mulching yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

May I rephrase: We haven't begun mulching yet. And quite frankly, I'm gonna need to hire a planner or a secretary or someone to try to fit everything into that summer schedule you have worked out for me.

Although you did offer to power wash the deck ...........

Maybe you do have a bit of Mr. Bob Vila deep down inside of you.

Check that. Maybe you do have a bit of Mrs. Bob Vila deep down inside you.

Nope, still sounds weird.

Maybe you just like doing stuff.

Perfect.