Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Bad choice

I thought I'd be lazy and unwind by watching a movie last night, so I went to the library (yeah, that is the bad part about Netflix) to get one: "Road to Perdition." I got it because it seemed like a good thing to do. I mean, people know about that movie, right? It's like "The Green Mile" or "Shawskank Redemption," right? You don't have to particularly enjoy it to appreciate it.

Only "Perdition" was not appreciated by me at all. I immediately regretted the decision.

Even if you overlooked (spoiler!) the fact that James Bond-guy killed the mom and the young boy when they were just having bath time, GOSH, and took it instead for its mob-like qualities, it scared me more than "CSI" marathons could. Talk to me about DNA at a bloody crime scene any day. Tom Hanks doesn't make me feel as protected as Gary Sinise.

I was so terrified that someone was obviously in my house and going to shoot me that I went around after Dave got home and relocked the doors while he was brushing his teeth. Never can be too safe. I turned all the lights on (because shooters are like vampires, I reasoned) and made sure the basement door was shut. God. Erin, seriously.

And Dave just kept asking, "What is your deal?" And how do you explain to your husband that you're not so much afraid of anything as you are crazy?

No comments: