Friday, December 2, 2005

Hands down, second best day of my life.

Yes. That's right. I'm done with Michigan. Holy Toledo. That's a $680 lifesaver, not to pay rent there again. EVER.

And it's Friday, which always makes me happy. I got paid. I picked up the new car today (she's beautiful). The Roommate from College got her first job. That's neat.

But I came home, all excited, and I didn't quite know what to do. If I were in college, I'd run through the door and scream "LET'S GO OUT! NOW!", like I did after a hard test or ... well, like, every Thursday.

How does a twentysomething with a real job act/do? Eat pizza? (Tomorrow.) Shopping? (Tomorrow.) But what about the big night of celebration? Um, I'm doing some laundry, watching some TV, hanging up Christmas ornaments that The Fiance's Mom sent up (which could be a whole blog in itself. I'm cool with sharing a closet, cool with sharing a bathroom, but I am NOT cool with all of his Christmas ornaments. I pick out my ornaments with a 10-point checklist: "Cool? Check," etc.; needless to say, some of his don't match some of mine. How does one decorate a tree (or five) with a significant other's ornaments? I think he'll notice if I put them all in the back, against the wall.)

I admit, I'm a little bummed about not going out. But would it be the same? No. I couldn't come home and eat pizza rolls with my roommate. I couldn't see everyone from school, and know everyone I was with. I couldn't be the loud, fun person I am when there's loud music and fun people around. And when I think "I wish I could go out," I mean to Mutz. You know, Toledo's Mutz. Downtown. Karaoke, smoking ban, people I know, etc.?

Is that part of growing up, too, "settling"? I don't know. But ... a small, adult part of me is really enjoying the scent of clean clothes and, boy, do I fit right into that loveseat, or what?

Or. What.

No comments: