Monday, December 5, 2005

Getting to know youuuu, getting to know all about youuuu

Another Monday has come, and I don't have anyone here to make me talk.

Look, it's nothing personal, but before 9 (really, before noon, but I understand that I have to be able to deal with people in real life) I just don't feel like talking. To anyone. The Fiance will try to make jokes. I'm not jovial. He'll ask me questions. I don't want to answer. I want to scowl, pout that I have to be awake and yawn a bunch. It's what I do.

Today, he had to work early. Now it's kind of quiet here. I kind of miss the noise. But only a little bit. Is this part of the "getting to live with you" phase, or is this just me being a moody person? I think a little of both. The College Roommate gave me 20 feet each morning, Monday or not, because she, too, isn't a morning person. It was nice. We'd dance around each other, avoiding eye contact until she'd had her coffee and I'd had my Apple Jacks. Then when I started to work at the college paper, I'd work until 4 a.m. and not wake up until noon (tough life, i' twas), so she'd already have four hours of life under the proverbial belt before I'd even showered. She'd walk in from her morning classes, and I'd be laying on the couch, skipping one of mine. But I'd be in a good mood by then. It'd be past noon. I miss college.

I guess I'm going to have to put on a cheery face in the morning and be nice about it. But why do I have to pretend? I'm a nice person. I pay my taxes, I hold the door for strangers, I don't even get road rage. Is it too much to ask for a little alone time in the morning?

I hate Mondays.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Erin I could not agree with you more. As of right now I am spending my limitted amount of free time that I have reading your interesting colum. Actually, though ashamed to admit it the children I care for are sitting infront of the TV watching Dora the Explorer, and I am loving it. A little free time for me to pay the bills (what a smart thing to do on a Monday, but hey that's life.) and work off the Monday blues. Although, for me, these particular blues last until tomorrow. I will probably go home from work tonight, to my live in boyfriend (who took this particular Monday off of work, thank you very much) and unknowingly nod at his comments withought any regard to what he has actually stated to me (football info more than likely). Then off to bowling for the night to strike, or not strike, up a Monday average score. Who bowls well on Mondays, for that matter who does anything well on Mondays. I need an easy button on Mondays. One that pays the bills, watches the children, gives me a score of a perfect game, and listens and cares about football. In other words one that does everything for me while I sleep all day. Back to reality, here I am sitting at the computer while playing nanny for two children (Christian and Kayla; he he hi Erin) reading what will turn out to be the best part of my day, and realizing it is still before noon: HELP!!!
Sincerely
A Monday hater too in Ottawa Ohio!