Thursday, June 28, 2007

Sooo hot

"And this is the upstairs ... the bathroom, the office. The spare bedroom," I said, pushing open the door to let out a gust of hot, humid air. (We close the door during the day so Big doesn't get to the needles, drugs or Rolaids).

"Oh, nice," my dad said.

Downstairs, he asked me for my computer. (Flashback!)

"You're looking for a hotel, aren't you?" I asked.

He said he had to wake up early, and ...

"And it's too hot here?"

"Well, that's part of it."

And you have to know my dad to know, that's just my dad. If that makes sense.

So, after eating at BW3s and watching "North by Northwest," he carried his bags out from the kitchen where he'd put them a few hours before, headed toward his hotel in Fond du Lac. Ah. "History," History said. "History."

1 comment:

Krista said...

That sucks! Fond du Lac?! Why so far away?