Monday, June 25, 2007

Six weeks left ... til a major appliance dies? Gad, no

My ears perked up -- I heard a welcome, familiar sound. A sound of home. An end in sight for this humid, sticky weather. An end in sight to paying for air conditioning.

Locusts. Siiiigh.

You know, six weeks left of summer? Does Wisconsin even have that old wives' tale? They should. Do they have locusts? I don't remember. I lived in a heavily, loudly air conditioned apartment during what would be locust season last year.

But it's June. Six weeks left would be ... August-ish. Way too early for locusts. Hm.

Then the humming stopped. Wait. Now the house is quiet, I thought. Too quiet.

And that's when I realized my fridge sounds like locusts. My fridge, people. Locusts.

This cannot be good. Or cheap.

No comments: