Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I guess when Dave's warm, then it must be REALLY warm

If I'm on the computer, Big wants to play fetch. Obviously, if both my hands are on the keyboard, it means I've still got a free hand to play fetch, right? Right.

So I toss the ball over my shoulder and yell "Yay, go get the ball! Go get it!" and Big'll go get it for 20-minute stretches on end. Weee, isn't this fun!

But today when I tossed it, it hit the wall and rolled in front of the big grate we have on our dining room wall, right when the air conditioner -- the first time we've used it in this house, ever -- kicked on.

He stopped mid-reach and hunched down like he was going to do the army crawl. He turned his head to look at me, like "Are you seeing this?! Can you even feel this? It's COLD."

"Yes, Big, that's the air conditioner. Sometimes Dave breaks down and lets us turn it on."

And I swear I heard him say "Air conditioning. Right on. Amen." And I nodded in agreement.

No comments: