Monday, June 11, 2007

"Mr. Big, I told you to stop wasting all your time on that Internet thing. You kids and your Facebooking. Tsk."

Now instead of wasting hours playing Tetris and Mario Kart, I can be making Mr. Big his own Dogbook page.

Seriously.

I found it on Facebook.com while I was stalking -- I mean, reading up on -- old friends, classmates and nemeses.

Dogbook is just like Facebook, only ... Yes, it's for your dog. You can search for other dogs in the area, make friends with others' dogs, and, I don't know, leave dog-like messages to go with your dog photos. (There's also a Catbook, I saw, if you're interested.)

I was sitting here creating of all these witty, insightful thoughts and social commentary to go with this whole Dogbook thing, but the truth is, this is the only reason I got a dog. Period.

It's friend bait! Finding friends -- online, no less -- is much easier with a dog, I'm guessing. I mean, who knows? Maybe I can make a Dogbook page for Big and his ad could draw the puppies in: "SNM (single neutered mutt) seeks SNC (single neutered companion) with FNSO (friendly, non-scary owner). Must like chewing socks, eating the ends of hot dogs and letting me be the center of attention at all times." It could happen.

No comments: