Monday, October 15, 2007

"Why pay for TV? You get three whole channels -- four, depending on the cloud coverage!"

We don't have cable, but after a week in the Promised Land (you know it as Ohio), I've seen the other side.

Like tonight, when NBC won't come in without doing that WRRRSSSHHHHHHHHH sound every time an important sentence is uttered or going to chasing ants whenever the answer to a question is asked in which they don't tell the answer like "And do you know the No. 1 reason women in their mid-20s get cancer? ... (Fade to ants) ... THAT'S WHY. Let's go to commercials."

Seriously. I would pay to see "Journeyman" on my TV instead of my computer a day later. It all makes sense to me now, why people pay for TV.

That, and my roommate from college who's just as frugal as I am has the Dish. Yeah, it's time. Peer pressure.

No comments: