Wednesday, October 3, 2007

He's so fun

Instead of just enjoying my ring too, Dave decided that we should really celebrate our anniversary.

See, we're all about celebrating. Gives us a reason to do the things we feel guilty doing otherwise -- eating out at a restaurant that doesn't advertise during Inside Edition.

We're rarely in public together and when we are, we're with people from work, which means Dave's Work Dave and holding hands with someone you plan stories and centerpieces with is about as exciting as it sounds. So when we're alone, out of the house, I savor that moment.

Anyhow, Dave's "mushy" and "cuddly" and all those manly adjectives, more so than me. He's a hand-holder initiator, a random I love you-er and a "You look nice" kind of guy. I'm more of a too person. Yes, let's hold hands. I love you, too. You look nice, too.

Tonight, he initiated a trip to a restaurant in Neenah and we had wine and pasta and laughed and didn't even talk about That One Place once. It was like leaving Oshkosh gave us this sense of leaving everything -- all that stress and life -- and since Dave was the only one I knew (and wanted to know at that moment, to be honest), it was like ... like ... nice.

And yeah, I liked his dish better. His mama raised him to be a gentleman, he said "I'll switch you, if you want." And I wanted. And then I had everything perfect for a good hour-and-a-half.

Then I came home. But whatever. He's still here. That's the best part.

Mushy, everywhere.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi!

Neat use of manly ajectives! in fact that's how i found you. I'm a writer looking for more manly adjectives. Keep him. His are just right!

Brightest Blessing
Judi R. aka Mama Bastet aka RavenTalker