Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Picked last in gym class

So apparently I've been tagged.

The rules:

1. Post these rules before you give you the facts.
2. List eight random facts about yourself.
3. At the end of your post, choose (tag) someone and list their name (linking to their page).
4. Leave them a comment on their blog letting them know they’ve been tagged.

1. I love documentaries. I'm watching Ken Burns' WWII one right now. (Yeah, we moved the antenna to the upstairs TV and, suddenly, we get PBS clear as anything. Choices! My God!) The New York series, the Frank Lloyd Wright one, the Civil War. Nerdy stuff, man. Nerrrd-y.

2. I have a weakness for red wine, but I'm embarrassed when my teeth and lips turn purple because of it.

3. I rock at keeping secrets. I like to hold on to them in my back pocket and come up with comebacks in my head. Saying them out loud cheapens the moment.

4. I like some country music. Le sigh.

5. I'd rather listen to the sound of nails on chalkboards than the sound of whispering. Probably goes back to junior high. I whisper because I know it's annoying.

6. I miss having a close friend who lives close to me (or me to her, if you want to be technical) -- the one who saw me making a jerk of myself at parties in high school and college and liked me anyway, the one I grew up with and still likes me despite my nerdy stages, the ones I can talk on the phone with every so often for an hour-and-a-half and still feel like I didn't miss anything. Sob.

7. I get more angry over how big of Neanderthals people can be rather than what they actually say/ type/ comment on my blog/ say with their eyes/ call me at work to tell me/ do to berate someone else in front of me.

8. The perfect day is watching old movies on the couch when it's chilly and rainy outside. Or, riding in the convertible my stepdad has on a mild summer day with my mama and Dave and Bernie, and eating pizza that night. Hooray for Friday afternoons and vacation.

And I tag Christoph! and Kristen. And posting here's fine, you secret bloggers, Facebookers and onlookers. Or not. Whatever.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Ken Burns does not = nerdy. We fall asleep every night to the Civil War documentary (yep, really), and I am actually buying The War tonight since it's taking up so much space on our DVR. Ken Burns is awesome.