Sunday, October 7, 2007

I feel the need to be nice-slash-apologize for a second

We went to the Oshkosh Verizon Wireless to renew our plans, and we actually didn't get ignored.

A store in the city north of us never treated us like we were the ones paying them for service. More like we were interrupting them having fun, and we clearly weren't invited to the Cool Kids' Table so could we KINDLY move out of their line of sight??!

But this time, I got a cool phone (this silver one). We got a plan from someone who told us how to make it cheaper than the way we thought we wanted to do it and Dave got a new phone to fix the one he smashed without having to pay for a new phone, even though we didn't have insurance.

So. OK, I'm sorry for calling all cell phone companies "a notch above homicidal maniacs on the ethics scale." Maybe that was a little over-the-edge. Most of them are. We just hit them on a good day or something. Ha, ha.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Hi! I've been reading you for a little while, so I thought I'd de-lurk and say hi!

Also, I just happen to have a friend that recently moved to Oshkosh to work for Verizon there,... so that caught my interest:o)

Anonymous said...

I used to dread the 15th of each month the way a sore throat signals an impending killer cold.

I'd drive across town through mall traffic to pay my cell phone bill at This One Place, knowing I'd stand in the foyer at least 10 minutes before being told to wait some more. Fifteen minutes later, and maybe I'd get to, basically, drop my cash on the counter in exchange for a skinny receipt I could probably have forged using a Playschool cash register.

I'm no longer with "Chad" (from, you know, those great commercials?), needless to say. But hopefully they've beefed up on personality training since then :-)