Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Dear God, it was just a joke. Please don't send lightning.

Since we moved our antenna to the bedroom, we get PBS -- which means, hello, "Antiques Roadshow."

I love that show almost as much as a Ken Burns documentary. I lost sleep over it, actually. Usually I'm out by 11. One o'clock rolls around and Dave and I were still giggling over our own interpretations of the antiques.

"Wow, look at that armoir."

"She doesn't have any teeth."

"Maybe the armoir is worth a bunch and she can buy some ... Come on, look at that fine German craftsmanship -- Mama needs some new molars!"

Bad, bad people.

4 comments:

Farrah said...

Um, I own the Antiques Roadshow game.

Sara said...

:: Can't believe I'm admitting this :: Farrah, I do, too. And we fall asleep every night to the Ken Burns Civil War (except it just changed since I bought him The War, the new one).

Erin said...

We will all be better Trivial Pursuit players because of our PBS/ Ken Burns hobbies, then.

Sweet!

Farrah said...

It's going to take me a lot more than the Antiques Roadshow to help me suck not as much at Trivial Pursuit.