Thursday, October 25, 2007

Just some more about my trainwreck-of-a-yawn life

JK on that title.

Anyhow, this highlight of my 20-some years is that we're .... getting windows.

Well, I do have more exciting things going on right now. But if you talked to Dave, you wouldn't think so.

It's all he's been talking about. He carries samples of window sill colors and styles in his murse. He has the pamphlets from all those who've come bearing measuring tape and clipboards, who pull back our dusty blinds to measure our rotted out, nasty old windows.

"Which do you like?" he asks, holding out a ring of eight or so types.

"Uh, this one?" I held out a mahogany-colored one.

"No, this one. I like this one." No? Like, it's not an opinion?

No, Erin. This is serious window shopping. Rolls his eyes. Mahogany? Who are you kidding?

And here, three months ago, it was just an idea I had. I've taken that idea, given it to a reluctant Dave and walked away, brushing my hands off. Now I get new windows. He gets the credit.

But he really does try to convince me that buying windows is THE BEST thing that'll EVER happen to us. It'll like, cut costs! It'll look nice! It'll help us sell our house when we do! It'll change our entire outlook on life! Everything will be clear and seen through double-paned windows!

Gloria! Hallelujah!

No comments: