Thursday, March 29, 2007

THAT Chicago isn't chic, white prefab Swedish furniture

"I have an idea for a daytrip," Dave said this morning.

"Uh, what?" I wasn't listening 100 percent, because it was like, 8 a.m. I listen 100 percent from 8:30 a.m. on, only.

"A daytrip," he told me as I found nothing appetizing in the cupboard for lunch and slammed it shut.

"See ya."

"OK, I'll tell you about it later."

And this time, he remembered.

"Soooo, I say we go to Chicago."

"To go to Ikea! We can buy more stuff! Stuff!" I jumped up, suddenly interested. Why didn't you tell me CHICAGO! We can go shopping! How wonderful of an idea!

"Oh, well, no. The Reds are playing at Wrigley Field."

Disinterest spread across my face. "Oh. THAT Chicago." Because there is more than one. And that second one? It's just dirty and full of road construction. At least mine smells like pine.

No comments: