Sunday, March 11, 2007

Doesn't take a CSI to realize I could've managed time a bit better

I'd be embarrassed to admit this if I were the only one on the couch. But Dave was there. See, I'll be really busy next weekend, so I felt like I should do next to nothing this weekend.

That's how I rationalize my doing nothing all weekend.

I had really good intentions. But I'm just not used to waking up at 8:15 on a Friday and Saturday, so when I did sans an alarm clock, I took it as an opportunity to get some things done. Cleaning, laundry, taking the dog for a walk; you know, weekend stuff. So by 5, I was done.

Dave and I stood in the living room, looking at each other. Now what?

We should've organized the basement or cleaned out the sink drains or something really mundane and homeowner-ly. But instead we sat down to watch an episode of "CSI."

Seven hours later, we went to bed.

It was so mindnumbingly, disturbingly fun. Of course this has turned us into guilty criminals.

I cut my leg shaving and immediately pictured CSI Sara taking apart my shower drain and deducing I'd been murdered or something. I'm positive reasonable people wouldn't be thinking that. I should stop being so honest on here.

No comments: