Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Not my first choice, but I'm not a cheesehead

Dave shoots weddings, and they've taken him to celebrations where he's seen our own weddings crawl in a hole and die of shame. We didn't really have linen and lace and ... money. Our wedding rocked, don't get me wrong. I wouldn't trade it for anything and it's still the best day of my life so far.

But you should see these weddings. They're like low- to mid-grade Wedding Channel weddings. Weddings that would have The Learning Channel viewers in tears. Beautiful. Gorgeous. Make a lot of us look like we got married in cut-off jean shorts.

If I were mildly rich, I'd have married at a country club on a lake somewhere, too. But the American Legion in Columbus Grove, Ohio, did just fine, too. Better, I might argue.

But then someone else's wedding had to go upstage ours, in Wisconsinite's eyes.

He'll be shooting another wedding sometime in the next couple months ... at Lambeau Field. (To those of you who, like me, don't bleed "cheese," uh, that's where the "almighty" Packers play.)

Well. At least it's not the Bengals' stadium, because then Dave would want to renew our vows, and we're just five-ish months into our marriage. Plus, my dad raised me to hate the Bengals at any price. It'd be a horrible affair, what with Boomer's memory lingering in the city. Shudder.

No comments: