Monday, March 19, 2007

Don't bother telling me how many calories are in those cookies, either

I'd like to say that when I came home from Ohio yesterday afternoon, I felt all nice and warm and cuddly inside that I still had eight hours 'til bedtime, and thus eight hours of sweet, sweet vacation time.

But I'm not like that. I'm much grumpier. When it comes to vacation days, I'm a "glass half empty" kind of person. It's just how I roll.

I was thinking "Hey, I bet tomorrow won't stink so bad if I hopped on the Internet now and checked my work e-mail."

Then I proceeded to punch myself in the gut because, let's face it, what kind of nerd does that on a vacation day so her next real day at work won't stink so much? So the intelligent woman in me sat on the couch and enjoyed the rest of my vacation day by watching "To Catch A Thief" twice and eating five or 12 Girl Scout Cookies. Tagalongs.

Obviously a better use of my time.

No comments: