Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Love: (Noun) The ability to not say 'duh' whenever the urge hits

"So we're letting the dog out of his crate when we're gone now?" I asked.

"No, why?"

"He wasn't in his crate when I came home from work."

"Yes he was."

"No, I'm pretty sure he greeted me at the door." And I'm pretty sure you weren't here.

"Oh. Maybe he dug an escape hole in the back of his crate."

Silence.

"Or maybe he has opposable thumbs now."

Silence.

"Or maybe someone broke in our house and let him out and then decided not to steal anything."

Sigh. Silence.

(Ten minutes later.)

"I guess I didn't shut the door all the way," he said.

"Well. I was about the buy into the escape hatch theory, but I guess if you want to be all logical ..."

2 comments:

Jacklyn said...

alllright soooo.. I read your blog pretty dang regularly.. and I jnust want to in as non-creepy was as i can tell you that i went to wisconsin this week to see my friend who goes to Beloit (college and a town way southern right on the border of illinois (sp?).. but you prob knew that.. )

anyways.. i saw oshkosh on the map and thought of you!

the end. (as you can probably tell by the timestamp and craziness of this comment.. its 4 am and i just got back from an 9 hour drive from wisconsin)

Erin said...

I have a friend from Beloit! Weeeird.