Wednesday, August 2, 2006

"Yesss I love technology ..."*


I thought it was just me. I don't wear jewelry, I don't like things hanging from my ears or my neck, and I get annoyed when there are bracelets banging against counters, faucets, getting caught inside sweatshirts .... Grrr.

Not that every woman hates jewelry, I'm sure. But 75 percent of us would choose a plasma TV over a diamond necklace, according to USA Today's article "Study: Women like tech toys more than shoes."

Heck yes, I do. I'd trade seven or eight pairs of my shoes for a new laptop. Twelve for a plasma TV. Two for a Gameboy.

And don't make me imagine my life without my iPod. An unfortunate accident caused a friend of mine to lose hers for a few weeks 'til Apple sends her a new one. I think she'd give about 24 pairs of shoes right now to enjoy the hills that are alive with the sound of music instead of people talking at work. Poor woman.

Now where do you go to get people to trade you new tech stuff for old shoes? Maybe that's what I should work on trading up for. ... Hm. Yes. I'll take the one pictured here, please. With my name engraved on the back. Make sure it plays video. Thanks. Oh, and you can have the Phil Vassar CD.

*(Read in Kip's voice.) (Kip from "Napoleon Dynamite.")

(Photo: Apple.com)

No comments: