Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Wait, wait ..!


Just when I thought getting sick was for suckers, I go and get sick.

And let me tell you, friends ... Getting sick makes those around me want to push me off cliffs. And it definitely doesn't make me want to blog. Or live. Or swallow, which is mainly the real problem at hand. But hey! The fever's been gone a whole 18 hours or so. So there's that.

It appears I'm going to pull through this one. Your flowers, cards and kind thoughts really helped me during my darkest hours (sometime around 4 a.m., when I woke up, and was instantly angry at being thirsty. Doesn't my body know I do not want to swallow right now? Sometimes, I can be very inconsiderate of myself).

Anyhow. I am back. Bearing good news.

While I was feeling sorry for my throat and head, I found another podcast that was not only worth downloading, but also subscribing. Yes. After my initial "I love podcasts," I had subscribed to like, 10 'casts. But then I realized, all the podcasts on my player weren't ever getting listened to. ... Time, it is a funny, fleeting thing. So now I limit myself to the good ones. I mean the really good ones.

Including this one: "Wait, Wait ... Don't Tell Me!" from, of course, NPR.

(NERD ALERT.)

It's this hour-long quiz show where people such as Barak Obama or Tom Hanks come on and answer trivia questions, or where callers try to answer trivia questions -- and all the news is actual news, from the week before. Not unlike watching Jon Stewart, I feel as if I know more about the world after listening to this. Or, maybe that's just because when I hear "NPR," I immediately get the smoking jacket out (though I don't smoke), sit by the fire (though I don't have a fireplace), and crank up the radio (though it's really my iPod), thus making me look smarter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is on right after Car Talk....I love listening to Car Talk!!!