Tuesday, August 8, 2006

'Ben Roethlisberger is a jerk'


It's rare that sports news makes it to my blog, mainly because I would rather talk about math than sports (yikes). But, as this involves the beloved Bengals (yikes again), perhaps it's worth talking about:

CINCINNATI (AP) - Bengals fans annoyed by bad behavior in the stands can now report it by cell phone.

The hot line number should be easy to remember - (513) 381-JERK. ...

The team doesn't want to become the "curse police," but expects fans to behave themselves, said Bob Bedinghaus, the Bengals' director of development for Paul Brown Stadium. ...

Bedinghaus said the Bengals expect some prank calls.

"If you get 6,000 people calling this line -- 'Hey, (Steelers quarterback) Ben Roethlisberger is a jerk' -- then it becomes less effective," he said. "The thing to remember is we have caller ID on this line."


Great! Now can we have a line like that in real life?

"Hello, Life squad? It's Erin. I'd like to report a jerk who CLEARLY did not have the right of way, but pulled out in front of my car anyhow. Oh, and that lady in booth 5 over there totally just said the mother of all curse words. UMMM." I'M TELLING!

But, OK, this is kinda cool. I remember shivering in fear (in the snow, too) at some Browns game when I was a kid, sitting next to some jerk with an airhorn who was drunk.

Ah, sports. Brings out the best in some people ...

(Photo: And if my dad knew I posted a Bengals logo on here, I'm pretty sure he'd disown me. Nieses are BROWNS fans. As in "NOT BENGALS! DEAR GOD, ERIN, DIDN'T I RAISE YOU RIGHT??!")

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GO BROWNIES!!!! BTW...I live in Mechanicsburg, PA now =)