Wednesday, August 23, 2006

How rad!

And I'm back -- I can again post photos. And make words bold. AND italicized. AND left- or right-aligned, whichever I want. Why? Because I have a new browser program.*


I love it.

But, it's time for another round of "Erin Forgot." For those of you who are keeping track, this is round three. You'll notice it's a bit shorter. Dave sorta forgot to get boxes yesterday, and I sorta forgot to not fall asleep at 9:45 on the couch. Thus, a shorter list.

Totally tubular.

But, what I did find:

1. In the freezer: A butter container filled with cookies from Christmas. No-Bake Cookies (basically lumps of oatmeal and chocolate, and you put them on waxed paper to harden). The wax stuck to the cookies but, like a trooper, I peeled it off and ate it. Still good.

2. A 2-cent "booster" stamp: From when postage went up. Apparently, I mailed out something with too little postage and the person to whom I sent it got stuck with the 2-cent bill. Sorry about that.

3. Shadows: While burning photos onto a CD from my computer, I found the cliched shadows picture I took a few weeks ago. I think it's required for everyone with a camera to try to take this picture once in their lives.

4. Twelve decks of cards: And none of them match the others. One of them is even a round deck of cards from the Neil Armstrong Museum, with the moon on them. Oooh. If anyone asks, we and 10 of our closest friends will be playing Nerts.**

5. "Finding Nemo" on DVD, and "Finding Nemo" on VHS: I remember getting one of them. Not really sure where the other came from. Someday, I'll get my two copies of "The Great Gatsby" out and I'll read both of them while playing with all 12 of my decks of cards and watching two "Finding Nemo"s at the same time.

This concludes this evening's round of "Erin Forgot." Stay tuned for more.

*Did you know, Mac people, that in Safari, you don't have all the controls for Blogger? You cannot bold or italicize anything unless you remember the code. Now, think of all the brain matter that I don't have to devote to remembering nerdy code! How rad!

**Nerts is the coolest card game in my life. If you don't know how to play it, you should be ashamed of yourself. Or Googling it to learn. Also noteworthy: Until this year, I thought my family had invented Nerts. Then I moved to Wisconsin and other people knew what I was talking about. It was a sad moment in my life.

No comments: