Monday, August 21, 2006

Erin Forgot, Part 1

We're going to play a little game I like to call "Erin's really busy with packing and whatnot, so she's making up a series so it's easier to post blogs."

The name of this series will be ... drumroll ... What Erin Didn't Remember Was In Her Apartment. These are all true stories. Consider it a study of contemporary American culture. Or something.

What I found last night:

1. A fake Jack o' lantern: Bought in 2003, when a few friends and I decided to carve pumpkins. I, being the most frugal, found the plastic pumpkin with the light-up face, and said "why buy a pumpkin to cut up and rot when you can have the joy of a pumpkin all year round?" True to my hypothesis, this pumpkin still has its face intact, and hasn't (as of yet) developed those weird red spots or black mold.

2. A love letter from one of Dave's old girlfriends: With hearts drawn on it and everything. I'm not a jealous person when it comes to this kind of stuff, so we just chuckled (show me your new clothes and I get jealous ... but this, come on, that letter is sooo 2002).

3. Dave's ATM receipts from yesterday through October 1987, all in a pile on his dresser. Amazing, he was riding training wheels at the time. Good thing he kept those. Boy!

4. My "To: Elliott, From: Portland" CD. Thank god.

5. My library card from the Way Public Library, circa 2001. Because I need this. Because I'm in Perrysburg, Ohio, ALL the time. Nonetheless, I put it on my keychain. It makes me look important. "Look, I can check out books in two states!"

6. Three sets of measuring cups ... All missing the 1/3 cup. WHERE IS IT. I was puzzled for 3.2 seconds, before I remembered that, hello, you need the 1/3 cup to make Easy Mac. Maybe they're at work? I'll forget to check, so I tossed the rest of the cups in my brother's take-to-college bin. He's smart. Let him figure out how to measure 1/3 cup using only the 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 and 1 cups.

7. A glass negative of a woman Dave bought at an antique store months ago. Kind of random.

8. A cup that was full of paint-saturated water from when I was painting last winter, which has evaporated on my painting desk since then, and left only a powdery substance behind. Can't be good for the air quality. Or my brush. Crunchy.

9. What's better than one copy of "The Great Gatsby"? Two, of course. I don't know how that happened.

10. This photo ... Which Blogger is not letting me post right now. Silly Blogger. It's a dog. With sunglasses. Sounds a lot more cliche than I think it looks. Whatever.

No comments: