Monday, August 13, 2007

Oh, Mom

I called my mama last night to commiserate about my car troubles over the weekend.

You know what that woman did?

She laughed.

Laughed.

About $590. I was really, honestly thinking "OK, Erin, try to see the humor in this," but she obviously saw something in this situation that I didn't. Namely, anything worth laughing about.

"Those things happen," she said. "It could've been worse."

Annoyed, I scowled quietly. But, eureeka, there's a reason for her insane optimism.

She just had a week's vacation from work. OK. Yeah, if I didn't work last week, maybe I too would be laughing.

Nah. That'd probably be worse.

Then, just like that, I felt better.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I laugh because you are my daughter-we are alike in sooo many ways! Not all of them good things either, such as our not-so-good luck. You make me laugh too.
love
Mom

Erin said...

Oh, Mom.

Farrah said...

Hmmm...no-so-good luck. I base a whole blog around that :o)