Monday, August 6, 2007

I went back to get the coat

Yes, that coat. And some other stuff -- of course -- because, like I said, I have no self-control.

Afterward, I called Dave to let him know the damage.

"I kinda, sorta, maybe spent a little too much."

"Uh-oh. How much?"

"A lot."

"How much?" (You have to hear the words to realize just how italicized they are.)

"$200?"

"What??" he angry-whispered over the phone, since he was at work.

"Just kidding. It was way less than that."

It wasn't like, cheap. But if you start out high and then go lower, that seems to help allay his fears of bankruptcy. I wasn't a pychology major for a whole year for nothing.

2 comments:

Farrah said...

Excellent! It's easy to spend quickly at Old Navy.

Jacklyn said...

hahaha i just bought that coat.. i think it was about 20 because it was on sale.. down here in kansas its cheaper because its super hot and no one wants to buy a coat now.. 'cept me! its so cute!