Tuesday, August 14, 2007

I tried for the TV and fridge in his place. She laughed at me.

The day he was born, I immediately hated him because, hi, Wonderful World of Disney was on, and they were showing "Bambi," and I didn't even get to watch it because I had to go to the hospital to stare at him in his stupid bassinette.

Well. I've since came to own "Bambi" and thus could overlook that minor scheduling inconvenience on his behalf.

And now he's going to college.

And he's hilarious.

Mom offered to buy him a mini-fridge, she said. He didn't want it, she told me, incredulous. He won't need it, he says. How about a TV? Nope, he won't need that, either.

Mom's stressing out about it because her baby might not be able to watch Comedy Central or that MTV when all the other kids are. I think he'll learn. Doesn't want them. Ha.

Isn't he cute?

I remembering moving in to my first apartment, I scoffed at the idea of having to buy a shower curtain. Not that I thought I wouldn't need it; more like I didn't think about it. "A shower curtain? Really?"

But a TV? A fridge? Seriously. When someone hands you a cable line in your dorm room, you should take that TV and make beautiful, beautiful TV viewing nights outta it. Geez.

No comments: