Monday, August 13, 2007

I guess the next thing is Thanksgiving. Dang.

After Easter, the Catholic church goes back to what it calls Ordinary Time. Sitting in church as a teen, I'd read that on the cover of the missalette and hate life a bit, because Ordinary Time was like this really long, boring, uneventful time. Nothing'd happen again until Advent and Christmas. God (figuratively). Boring. So stinkin' ordinary.

Well, now I'm staring at a bunch of Ordinary Time again, and I'm bored. I'm glad the wedding season is over for us this year because, I don't know if you heard, but we're broke. But, now I have nothing too major to look forward to. Because of being broke, October'll be spent doing nothing, we think, and that's OK.

I'm the type of person who wants something so bad right now, and I need it yesterday, and I want it more than I can express! I want it! Then I get it, whatever it is. I'm happy for 30 seconds, and then I'm looking to the next thing -- because now I want that too! I want it yesterday! I want it so bad! Now!

It's really American, I suppose. Anyhow. So, that's the story of how I count down to the next best thing.

No comments: