Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Rediscovered the true meaning of a lame Tuesday morning


Tuesdays are annoying. Well, OK, they're no Mondays. Don't get me wrong. Tuesdays are a stepping stone to Wednesday, which is a step from Thursday, etc. But I'm usually still tired from the weekend before, and I'm not excited about the next weekend, because it's Tuesday.

In the mornings, I'm usually not all that excited to be awake. I pout about being awake, and I get ready for work, scowling.

But not this morning.

No. There was a skip in my step this morning.

My fiance broke some news to me this morning that changed my life (in a you-won't-notice-because-it-only-really-changed-my-Feb. 7 kind of way).

Remember when I said this girl needed to stop moping around because her precious Toledo bands weren't coming to Wisconsin?

Ha.

Rediscover. Tuesday, Feb. 7. Madison.

I am so there. Yes. My Rediscover. Toledo Rediscover. I'd like to think he could hear me crying for him from here, but I think it has more to do with them just going on tour, and happening to stop by Madison, which happens to be kind of by Oshkosh.

Yeah, it's a work night. But you only live twice, and I'm not wasting this life getting eight hours of sleep when I could be in a crowded bar in Madison listening to the hunks that are Rediscover. I'm a twentysomething girl with a musical obsession who misses seeing live shows. They're a Toledo electro-pop band (and you thought that died in the '80s) with two new songs and a new drummer. I think you see where this is going. Or, rather, where I'll be going.

This is huge. And I'm not just talking about my good fortune. I mean, it's my life. My old life. Coming here. I'll be bringing new friends to discover Rediscover (cheap play on words, I know). It's like a "Twilight Zone" episode with a synthesizer and keyboards.

Part of me will be hoping my Oshkosh friends like the band, worrying if they don't that all my other musical advice will be lost, a la my fiance's musical advice ("Oh, yeah, Japanese rap is totally awesome."). The other part of me doesn't care too much, as I'll be in Toledo.

Well, Madison. With a part of Toledo.

(Photo credit: Dave Wasinger for the IC, of Wesley Quinonez, lead singer of Rediscover)

3 comments:

Deloris said...

Dave Wasinger? He takes pictures? Just kidding. It is a very good shot.

Krista said...

H O T
They've got quite a reputation to live up to. Better be good. ;-)

Stacie Penney said...

YES! A mid-winter pick-Erin-up