Monday, January 30, 2006

Guaranteed to make you feel like a slacker or your money back.

I was feeling cool. I was feeling like I'd accomplished something.

But then, I found a former Independent Collegian legend online. Well, OK, "legend" is really a term you earn by working at the truly independent newspaper. I think the actual rules are you have to stay for two years or more, and you have to have had zero dollars throughout the whole process. It's very easy to join the club.

But, alas, this legend's joined another club: the Peace Corps. Crap. I feel like I've accomplished nothing. And, not only is she a member of the Peace Corps, saving the world and whatnot in Mongolia (seriously), she's keeping a blog about it. Check it out: To Nomad's Land.

She doesn't get to update a lot, but I spent all of last night reading the entire blog.

How many of us are that unselfish? I'm guessing not many. Sadly, not I. I like my running water and daily showers and warm blankets and stuff. I don't think I'm alone here.

No comments: