Friday, January 27, 2006

My own little trainwreck: scrolling through iTunes.



I am embarrassed.

So, like any good blogger, I'm going to share my embarrassment with you. You're welcome.

Actually, this is something you're guilty of too, whether you know it or not. You know those embarrassing tracks on your iTunes? The ones you don't want your friends to find? The ones you have to skip everytime they come up on the party shuffle? Yeah. Those.

Why do you still have them? Why. I want answers. Because I don't know, either.

It's not like I'll ever listen to "Wasn't Me" (and, cough, I haven't since 2002, either), but I just can't get rid of it. I have, God help me, the entire "New Radicals" CD on my iTunes. The band had one good track, and it hasn't been cool since ... uh, 1998. (For all of you pretending you don't know who I'm talking about, New Radicals was the band that sang "Get What You Give," that had the music video where he was in a mall, riding an escalator, talking crap about Beck and Marilyn Manson ... no? Anyone? OK, never mind.)

Point: I may have 8 of my allotted 20 GB full of music on my iPod, but it's just a lie.

In an attempt to get some street cred back (um, I had some, I swear it), I went through my iTunes to delete the stuff I know I won't listen to anymore. But then came the emotions. Oh, God.

I couldn't delete one song because it reminded me of freshman year of college. I'm not really sure why I need to keep THAT. I couldn't get rid of another, though I hate it, because my fiance put it on my iTunes, thinking I'd like it. He knows I don't. But still. What if it grows on me? Other bands sit in the "zero times played" catagory, awaiting my approval to make it to the iPod, and that'll probably never happen. Don't get me wrong. I've got good stuff, too. But man, who wants to talk good music when I just admitted to the world that I have the entire New Radicals CD on my iTunes.

No one.

For a stupid little music device, I've sure wasted a lot of time -- uh, two hours now.

See -- this is what happens when you are the only one who works regular shifts. You start contemplating what your music collection says about you.

Not really sure what to do with all this crappy music, but ... I sure hope no one stumbles on my iTunes before I find a solution.

1 comment:

MWGirl said...

"...fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson, Courtney Love and Marilyn Manson..." - yeah, I don't know that song, either.