Monday, July 10, 2006

What does Aladdin have to do with my marriage?


As we get closer to October (read: that wedding thing), I get suspiciously busier.

I blog less. I haven't watched TV (except this weekend's movie marathon) in weeks. Vacuuming? That's for suckers. There's just ... so much to doooo. However, throwing a wedding doesn't come easily, I've learned, and it's nothing you can just make a to-do list and then take a day and conquer it all. It's a waiting game. No, a hurry-up-and-wait game. The worst kind ...

Invitations stress me out ... But we have to wait to see the samples this weekend in Cincinnati. We have to adjust our registry. Which we will after the shower, this weekend. And more. But I won't bore you further. You get it.

But the worst part ... the picking of the music. I believe I've mentioned this before. But it's a problem -- I mean, a fun item we have to discuss -- that's yet to be decided. "Problem" is pretty harsh. We're not arguing over a song. We just can't narrow the list down to one. And Web sites like theknot.com aren't helping, either: "A Whole New World" (Peabo Bryson & Regina Belle) (from "Aladdin"); "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" (Elton John) ("The Lion King"); "A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes" (from Disney's Cinderella) ... Is The Knot owned by Disney? Why do I want to be thinking of "Aladdin"?

We don't have a song that's really, uh, slow-dance approved. More like jump-up-and-down or yell-scream-sing to in the car. Not cute. Eek. Whatever. I'm sure we'll pick one, the world will continue on just like always ...

But what bothers me is it takes us, like, no time, really, to throw together a CD for a friendly competition at work (an EAA tribute CD, with songs about flight, flying, space, planes, etc.) with really cool songs (and not so cool songs). But picking one song to dance to, which no one will remember but us, is proving to be difficult. Sigh ... And it continues ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey now...I like the Aladdin song!!