Saturday, July 22, 2006

First trip to EAA ...


This AirVenture convention that starts Monday has got me all excited. To tell you the truth, I wanted to be an astronaut for a hot minute. Then, my mom broke it to me that I'd have to take science and math classes, and that pretty much solidified my future as a journalist. But still.

EAA's AirVenture is something that everyone else knew about but me (until I started investigating Oshkosh last summer, before moving here). Here I thought Neil Armstrong's museum in Wapakoneta, Ohio, was the end-all to flight-related stuff.


But more on that in my column tomorrow ...

Most importantly, I went with some others from the newsroom to check out EAA's grounds so we wouldn't be lost come Monday, and it looked pretty exciting, and nothing was even there yet, really. No Harrison Ford yet, no Beach Boys ... Not many airplanes. Still exciting. This is gonna be awesome. I hope it's not like, 100 degrees, though. Or else I'll be observing from The Northwestern's photo galleries or something. Ha. Yeah, at least Armstrong's museum is air conditioned ...

No comments: