Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Pass this post on to five of your friends, SOMETHING AMAZING will pop up on your screen. Wait, it's probably just a pop-up ad, actually.

Way back in the early 1990s, when Al Gore just invented the Internet, was there ever an e-mail that got sent that said "Pass this on to 5 of your friends within 10 minutes and watch what pops up on your screen. I don't know how it works but it's FREAKY" (only with worse punctuation) that actually had something that would pop up on your screen?

Just wondering.

Because I got a few of those kinds of emails this week, and Jesus, a laughing donkey, a "timeless" tune, and "something youll neveR guess!!!!!!" were promised to come up on my screen. Not that I passed them on to five friends. Really. I didn't. I swear.

But at some point, did that work? Anyone?

Because I'm feeling a little cheated that Jesus, the talking donkey and the rest didn't appear.

And don't get me started on the Backstreet Boys picture I've been waiting to pop up since 1998.

Juuuust kidding. I was more of an N*SYNC/Justin Timberlake fan.

No comments: