Monday, January 15, 2007

So married, part 435

I spent the weekend being fabulously lazy.

I watched four movies. I read. I shopped; oh, boy did I shop. Usually, I'm not one to lay around and watch Dave clean the bathroom (though this weekend he did). But I took a vacation day, and there was a birthday in there, so I felt I had the entire weekend to do NOTHING. Because how many more years will I be able to do that on my birthday?

Not many, it's on a Sunday next year, a day scientifically proven to put me in a bad mood no matter what. It won't be on a Saturday, actually, until 2018 (Not that I am such a loser that I actually looked that up on this Web site or anything). I'm bound to have children or something by 2018, ergo I should not have had to do laundry all weekend this year. I make a convincing argument, I believe.

Anyhow.

Birthday, no one cares, etc.: Point of the matter is, I had all this time to do fabulous, exciting things ... and between watching those four movies, Dave and I blew more money than we'd expected to buying curtains and seat cushions.

Curtains. And seat cushions. Then, we ironed the curtains. Hung them up. Stood back at the glory of new, matching curtains and said "Wow. We are so married."

Yes. And now, color coordinated. Also newsworthy.

Funny thing is, there was a sale going on at one of my favorite clothing store, and I didn't even want to go in.

"I want to spend all our money on these seat cushions, Dave. Dave, I can't even explain it. WHY do I want these seat cushions, with their gold puffiness and their tie-backs so they don't slide? WHY, DAVE, WHY?"

He ignored me and pointed to another color of seat cushions. "Do you want that color? What about blue?"

"Oh. Well, gold. Now that you put it that way."

3 comments:

David Edgar said...

I still say that you can't go wrong with a nice shade of blue. It works anywhere. Anytime.

Anonymous said...

At all cost, keep the decorating out of Dave's hands. Blue would not work. Have fun though.
love, Mom

Anonymous said...

We had a "we're so married" moment this past weekend when we spent two hours sealing our windows with plastic to keep the cold air out. We were extremely proud of ourselves for completing such a grown-up project. :)