Sunday, January 21, 2007

I love the library

While Dave was away this Saturday, the wife in me played with a list I'd like to call the "Five-year plan," which wasn't a plan of my life (because my five-year personal plans are all wastes of planning time) but a plan of renovations, items to buy, more-than-routine maintenance plans and and personal wishes for our house.

It quickly dissolved into one big sigh ... This is seriously going to take more than five years. And it's a lot of work (this part I knew, but as I kept listing, the chores and projects got more extravagant). What started as a vague "landscaping" turned into "fence for yard, patio furniture, grill, redo sidewalk." That reminded me that there was an issue with our front sidewalk; namely, it's covered in dirt from when they fixed the water line last fall. So, plant grass seed. Check. You get the point.

Before I was done, my list took me inside the house, up the stairs, bypassing the centipede-infested attic, back downstairs to the basement and outside again.

And that exhaustive plan lead me to the library, as in the public library (I'm not planning on building a library at home) where I quickly found three movies that had nothing to do with my house or home renovations, period, so I could pretend it was all done. Because, duh, Dave wasn't here.

Who would I get to do -- I mean, assist me in doing -- these things? Exactly.

These projects will have to wait. Maybe five years, actually.

And, the best part, seeing Dave laugh at the list when he came home. "Ohhh, I saw your list on the table."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. Niiiice."

No comments: