Monday, December 24, 2007

Sixteen-and-a-half weeks

Pregnant women are especially easy to Christmas shop for -- gift cards, baby clothes and baby books. How can you go wrong?

So that's what my Christmas was like -- full of onesies, Cincinnati Ben-girls bibs and socks (I was raised a Browns fan, ya know, this is hard to handle) and even a sweet changing table. We got "Goodnight Moon," a "Baby's First Christmas" ornament for next year and a set of animal books. So cute.

And now that our Christmas is basically over, and as it gets closer to Jan. 18, I'm getting less "it'll get here ... patience, woman" and more "OHMYGOD I'll never make it." Because after finding out the sex, what's there to look forward to but the whole birth thing? Not that that's the process you look forward to, so much as the end result. You know what I mean.

Anyhow, all these baby items that are lying on the spare bed upstairs and all the unsent baby shower invites at my mother in law's and my mom's houses -- they're just little baby-powder scented reminders that I'm not even halfway done yet with this pregnacy, and I'm not a patient person.

Though Mom says that when it comes down to June and D-Day, I'll probably panic and say "No! Wait! I'm not ready! One more day, just one more day!" Probably. But that's how I roll -- fickle and anxious and slightly neurotic.

No comments: