Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Sun is in the sky, oh why, oh why, would I want to be anywhere else?

I never watch "Saturday Night Live," because I'm a snob who hates shows that are supposed to be funny but aren't.

I'm such a jerk.

But I watched this weekend because Dave sometimes gets to use the TV remote control. Once a month or so. And that was his night.

This is the one time I was actually kind of glad I did watch. I had no mood-altering moment, the skits weren't all that classic, and yet here's this Lily Allen. Where have I been? I have a feeling Pop Candy blogged about her in like, January 2006 (please don't feel the need to confirm my suspicions), but I've been curled up under this rock over here, and I missed it.

Lily Allen has this angelic voice but she doesn't sing about angels. More like your average pop music lyrics, only more British, more fun and more ... springy? Can a song sound like a season? It's 60 degrees below zero. Ask me in March. Or August.

Anyhow. Check her out. I like "Smile," because it's the song she sang on SNL. I'm so predictable.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I discovered Lily Allen from SNL too! She's so adorable! I love Smile, and the other one she did on there, LBD or something like that - oh yeah, duh, the one you quoted. Dave downloaded her whole album for me and it's great - I listen to it A LOT.