Wednesday, December 20, 2006

I heart these shirts

At work, I lay out pages sometimes days ahead of time. This means that today, Dec. 20, I am already done with Christmas and have moved on to almost-2007.

It's a weird, anticlimactic feeling, laying out Christmas Eve and Christmas day pages ... then moving on and laying out the food page for the 26th -- a New Years' page at that.

I feel like it's over, and I should take my trees down before it's the middle of January. At least in my work queue.

But, in the name of holiday spirit and staying with the rest of the world right here in Dec. 20, I need to show you the extremely fabulous gifts Dave and I got today.

We've had our eyes on these shirts since Oshkosh's monthly Gallery Walk a while ago. Some people would've thought that getting a foam cheesehead coolie cup, a bag of cheese curds or a Packers shirt would be the "you live here now" litmus test. Turns out, it's just wearing a "Fox Valley is for lovers" shirt from Stella & Finn.

A decade ago, I thought Oshkosh was just half of the fun-to-say "OshKosh B'Gosh," and because I was a self-absorbed teen then, I never gave thought to Oshkosh as a real place where people lived, ate, slept, worked, paid taxes and grocery shopped or Gallery Walked or borrowed books from the library. Oshkosh was just striped overalls to me. Now, I heart Oshkosh. Ha.

No comments: