Thursday, December 21, 2006

A Christmas bonus

I have been tagged , which in regular life means nothing to me since I find it hard to get out of list-writing mode once I've started ... But it's Christmas time, dang it. So, I apologize to all who find these boring. But for the rest of you, here's some things you may not know about me.

1. I eat green olives like some people eat M&Ms. Sorry if you just threw up reading that. I get that a lot.

2. When I heard I was going to be by a window when our desks got rearranged at work, my first thought was "I bet I can make it to March before I need a can of Raid." And that made me happy.

3. Last month, a group of "young professionals" called Propel came to where I work for a tour and whatnot. I met a man there who speaks Dutch; he was an exchange student in high school to Belgium (which has an Ohio State-slash-Univ. of Michigan relationship with Holland). He started speaking Dutch to me, and I froze. I was so bothered by my inability to say anything back but "Ah, goed" that I immediately went home and popped in a Dutch CD and made myself sing with it. Dave would say that was punishment enough.

4. In my next life, I want to be a preschool teacher; I miss my babysitting job in Ohio. The kid's name was Teddy, and he pronounced "peanuts" like "neenah," so when I drive through Neenah, Wis., I think of him.

5. I can recite a list of words my 6th grade teacher made us remember, but I don't remember what they're for: Be, am, is, are, was, were, being, been, appear, become, feel, grow, look, remain, seem, smell, sound, taste. But I can't remember birthdays, phone numbers or grocery lists.

Ah, and I tag Krista and Badger girl. I don't have to pick five. I say so.

2 comments:

Jef Hall said...

Sorry to put you on the spot....

What CD did you listen to? I still have the Kreuner's CD from my trip that I listen to for practice.

Erin said...

Blof's "Watermakers," "Boven" and "Helder" are popular picks for my Dutch pick-me-ups.