Tuesday, October 3, 2006

Woot! Woot! (That's a good-humored cheer)


For all of 2006, it was all about our wedding. In 2007, it's going to be about three other couples -- and I can't wait.

As of this moment, I appear to be in two if not all three of the weddings set for next year: June, July and August (the "maybe three" part reflects one that is a sibling who made a mention of it in passing, and there was wine involved, and so I'm not really sure even if he knew he asked, or if it was a joke ... um. I should look into that). Seeing as weddings are always a good time, I am so in.

And, not to get "mushy" on you or anything, but I'm really, really excited about all these weddings, as it reminds me of belonging to bigger things. OK, enough mush.

But, as Dave's a wedding photographer, and we're getting married, and I've been in three weddings and weddings, weddings, weddings are coming out my ears, I think I shall list myself as the go-to woman for all wedding advice-giving.

I mean, I've been to a few weddings and I've planned one, and in the world of reality TV and the Internet, that makes me a bonafide expert. I've done everything but cook and handle the men's side.

Oh, and the bachelorette party. I've never actually been to one of those, though I've seen them in bars. Hmm. But I bet that, in a pinch, I could handle myself well. And I wouldn't be one of those girls with the T-shirt with the Jolly Ranchers on it. Yikes. Mothers and dentists unite against that.

So, starting now: Anyone need any help? Anyone? If this takes off, I may start charging.

Hey, it'd pay for the bridesmaid dresses! Ha.

(Photo: I am wearing this dress to the August edition of "Erin Is a Bridesmaid." Stay tuned for more.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

erin! my bridesmaids are wearing that dress in black!!!!!!!
i love you
hannah

Krista said...

Wow, you know, that is a FANTASTIC dress.

Lucky.