Monday, October 30, 2006

Not quite a letter to Santa

I'm not one for shopping early for the holidays. Much as I love that whole season, I'm too frugal (read: cheap) to actually go and shop before Halloween.*

(*Unless it's for me, of course.)

Who can shop for holiday gifts that far in advance? I'd lose the gifts, or forget I bought them and buy that person something else, then be stuck with TWO gifts. And you can't very well give them both, so I'd save them for a birthday, but I'd inevitably forget I had them because of course their birthday would be in July or something, and that my friends is how Erin The Woman Who Doesn't Play Poker got stuck with a poker set. It's that mentality.

But making out lists, that's another story. And I just got asked for one. In October. By my dad. He actually said "Do you have a Christmas list"?

I should take out my crayons and write "Barbie" and "ponies" on it, with all the "R" and "P"s backwards. But instead I just said "It's on my bridal registry. It's what I didn't get."

It's not quite a pony, but an electronic shopping list -- where you can check to see what you got before you get it -- makes me wish it were Christmas RIGHT NOW. That's really not all that different from any other day, come to think of it.

No comments: