Tuesday, January 8, 2008

No, the ultrasound's still nine days away

I see where this is going.

I've got this annoying cough -- one of those that doesn't produce anything, if you get what I'm saying -- that started yesterday, along with a headache and sore throat. I went home a bit early yesterday to nap away my life, and today it's 6:55 and I'm in bed, have been for an hour. Yes, I realize this won't happen again in my life. I know. I know.

But I'm worried my cough is scaring the cashew, if not literally driving my baby crazy. Thank God I go to the doctor tomorrow morning for my regular monthly check-up, because I keep reading my pregnancy books and nothing in there says my plague is a real, actual plague -- nothing is confirming my fears. NOTHING. It keeps saying I'm FINE. But I've got too much time to sit and worry that I'm not fine. Not at all. I'm certain that's what it is. I just know it. And my baby in there? She/he's so angry right now.

I need a doctor to tell me I'm not killing my baby.

So, there. That's where it's going. Erin's freaking out about her baby not-dying, and it's not even BORN yet. I'm kind of unreasonable. I know this.

No comments: