Thursday, November 30, 2006

There goes that 20-something talk again. Ugh.

The excitement of my life used to be judged by how many blog posts I did.

If I went for a few days without posting, I was out with friends, or sleeping in late, going shopping, watching movies.

If I blogged every day, it was because I lived in a crummy apartment and had a lot of time to surf the Net and watch NBC while my then-fiance worked second shift.

Now, when I'm not blogging, I'm not out doing exciting 20-something things. As a matter of fact, I've come to loathe the phrase "20-something" and will feel nauseous for a few seconds after reading it when it's used like "great for 20-somethings" or "those dang 20-somethings." I'm not doing anything "20-something." It's pretty ageless.

I'm doing dishes. I'm watching my dog chase his tail while also watching "Law & Order." I'm dusting. I'm getting jealous of friends who made it to the sale at the library and got some sweet books for a few bucks. I'm cleaning the bathtub. I'm reading. I'm worried about the washer that needs fixing.

I'm calling out "Mr. Big! Hey, Dog!" every time it gets too quiet in the house to make sure my dog, Mr. Big, isn't relieving himself under a Christmas tree, chewing on power cords or eating a shoe. I grocery shop at midnight on my days off so I can feel rebellious. See world, I don't need to buy my gallon of milk when everyone else does. Take that!

I'm looking forward to Saturday nights like I was back in sophomore year of high school, when Saturday nights were "OH MY GOD, it's Saturday night! Let's stay out late -- How late is your curfew, 'cuz I have to be home at midnight. Let's not do anything too crazy, either, I have to help my mom with some stuff tomorrow. Want to just watch a movie at my house?" At least that's what mine were.

I think all these diverse activities (or lack thereof) make me a better person.

But you should know that thinking that helps me sleep at night.

No comments: